Thursday, November 12, 2009

Brush with Fame?

Monday I had some foreigners. Nothing particularly exciting, given the teeming numbers of exchange students at Tech. However, these three guys sounded like some of my Dublin friends but spoke a language together I didn't think was Irish Gaelic. Turns out these guys are Swedish.

They wanted to drink micro-brews, such as Sweetwater, but specifically out of the bottle. Thinking we were out of Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat, I brought the backup Sweetwater IPA instead of the correct first choice. I rang up the right beer, but I just didn't bring it. They were great and added it to the four other beers they were sampling. They had me take a picture of them on their iPhone.

When it came time for the check, I asked them the inevitable: "Why in the world are you in Atlanta?"

Turns out, they're in a band Teddybears. They were recording a track with Cee-Lo at one of the many studios nearby. What's weird is, I'm sure I heard about them on WRAS or Ohm Park recently, but I haven't figured out where. Turns out this trio wears bear masks during their shows. A bit gimmicky, but I'd definitely catch their dance grooves at a show if they toured in Atlanta anytime soon.

And, since they tipped me $6 on $36, which is atypical for European tourists (especially when the server messes up!), I can definitely suggest you check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment