Monday, October 26, 2009

Example of Tip Karma

When going out my boyfriend PYT usually grabs the tab: he makes more money, and he tips about 50% usually. I wish I made enough to tip the same. I figure it's better karma to depend on him than tip within my meager budget of 20%. (Remember, even though I'm poor, I tip appropriately.)

Yesterday PYT and I grabbed lunch. I decided to pick up the check for once. The tab was about $23, so I left $30. (My reasoning: $23 rounds to $5, making the tab $28; no need to wait for the two bucks back.)

My first table yesterday was really sweet. People who actually seem like they make a difference in the world. They asked me about Cavalia and if I knew the showtimes for Paranormal Activity (who the hell knows movie showtimes off the top of their head?). Because I didn't know, I checked on a server's computer to tell them the next times at the nearest theatre.

Their tab was just under $23. They left me $30.

No comments:

Post a Comment